Ecere is looking to fill a permanent or temporary full-time senior developer position, starting as soon as possible, until at least March 31st, 2021.
The position would be at our office in Gatineau, Quebec, but most of the work could be performed remotely from the local area.
The developer would be assigned to work on improving server and client capabilities of our GNOSIS Geospatial Software Suite as part of a project focused on experimenting with client-driven processing and visualization workflows of geospatial data, based on the modular architecture of the new OGC API
family of standards.
The role would also include assisting the CTO in managing both our internal team, and an international team of experts collaborating with us on this project, also contributing to a number of open-source software projects.
Leading the evaluation and improvement of interoperability by carrying out Technology Integration Experiments, where components developed by different participants are connected to form an integrated Spatial Data Infrastructure platform, would be a key responsibility.
The developer would also lead the efforts of evaluating and achieving conformance for our GNOSIS Map Server with the new OGC API standards, built around OpenAPI definitions.
The latter part of the project will focus on demonstrating the use of the integrated platform in application research, in collaboration with academic research partners, specifically in the domains of Earth Observation & the Environment
, as well as Smart Cities, Internet of Things and 3D Visualization
, with a focus on improving accessibility.
Other responsibilities would include assisting in the preparation of project reports, and contributing to standardization efforts through the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
- Solid knowledge of a C-based language (eC, C, C++, Java, C#...) and Object Oriented principles
- Familiarity with Git version control system, and interfaces such as GitHub & GitLab
- Experience leading a team and managing a software project (e.g. Agile / Scrum / Kanban methodologies)
- Strong communication skills (including English proficiency)
- Strong problem solving and learning autonomy
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work remotely effectively
To apply, please submit a detailed resume (2-3 pages) and letter of introduction to:
- Familiarity with OpenAPI and related tools (e.g. SwaggerHub)
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
- Experience with Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Services (e.g. WMS, WMTS, WFS, WCS, WPS, CSW) and/or the new OGC API family of standards
- Experience developing 3D Computer Graphics applications, preferably using low level APIs such as Vulkan, Metal, OpenGL and/or Direct3D, or alternatively with higher level tools such as Unity 3D or Unreal Engine.
- Experience in mobile development on Android or iOS
- Experience developing web platforms
- Experience in Virtual Reality and/or Augmented Reality applications, especially with OpenVR, OpenXR, and/or targeting the HoloLens platform
- Experience contributing to international standardization efforts
- French proficiency
demonstrating why you are the best candidate for the job.